An excellent opportunity has arisen to be part of the Management Team responsible for all aspects of the New Horizon site. We are looking for someone with passion and enthusiasm and who has the skills and experience to ensure the tented village is ready in time for New Horizon.
New Horizon: For almost 27 years New Horizon has been running a refreshing, challenging and relevant ministry week in Coleraine. It is the largest Christian event in Ireland attracting approximately 5,000 people daily over the course of the event. Major elements include Evening Celebrations, morning Bible Readings, Seminars and Youth and Children’s work.
New Horizon’s Purpose Statement: New Horizon exists to be used by God, through the power of His Spirit to inspire a selfless surrender to His Son, a radical obedience to His Word, an enduring passion for His Kingdom and an unconditional love for His World.
New Horizon’s ethos is one of volunteering and our aspiration is to find someone who would be in a position to undertake this task on the same basis.
However, in view of the strategic importance of this responsibility and so that no candidate should be excluded because their circumstances dictate that they are unable to make such a sizeable commitment of their time on a volunteer basis, NH would be open to providing a support allowance to help off-set any salary sacrifice which the successful candidate may incur.
It is anticipated that a three year commitment with a possible 2nd three years
Key responsibilities include:
- Overseeing setup of main marquee the Saturday before New Horizon
- Responsible for organising additional marquees, portable cabins, generator etc
- Recruiting and managing volunteers, DoE team during week of set up (Mon – Sat) before New Horizon
- Handing over site to Health & Safety team / site manager Saturday conference starts
- Overseeing take down of main marquees Saturday after New Horizon
- Ensuring marquee is maintained & equipment is tested periodically
- Attend Management Team meetings when possible, normally 1st Monday evening Autumn – Spring.
- Liaising with university personnel re site maintenance
If you wish to express an interest, please submit a CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org addressing the following areas:
- Your experience which would enable you to fulfil the key responsibilities
- How you fulfil the essential criteria
- To what extent you meet the desirable criteria
- How you fulfil the personal specification
- Provide evidence of situations in which you have shown leadership qualities
- Provide evidence of relevant team working experience
- Provide evidence of problem solving
- Provide evidence that you are a responsible/trustworthy person
- Provide evidence of recruiting and working with volunteers
- Tell us what attracts you about working with New Horizon.
We anticipate a handover period shadowing the current Site Manager.
The ideal candidate will have experience working in construction and have experience setting up a large event. However, we are keen to hear from those who have relevant transferable skills. They must be able to focus on the detail as well as seeing the big picture. They must be flexible and gracious enough to deal with the dynamic environment of a large event. Most importantly they must embrace our mission.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- Knowledge and experience across the key responsibilities outlined above.
- Relationship building – Works to identify, build and maintain positive long-term relationships with colleagues and contacts.
- A team player who is able to motivate, empower and support others.
- Strong organisational skills, including planning, setting priorities, meeting deadlines and performing under pressure.
- Ability to manage and develop volunteers with varying levels of experience.
- Excellent networking and entrepreneurial skills.
- A passion for excellence
- Tent Master / Experience of marquees
- Forklift licence
- Knowledge of Health & Safety Legalisation
- Experience organising large events
- Passion for the vision and work of New Horizon
- Able to manage your own time effectively.
New Horizon starts on the first Saturday of August. The main time commitment is the week before the event & take down the Saturday after the event. You would also need to be available during the weeks leading up to the setup to ensure that everything is ready.
We are willing to consider sharing the role with two people being involved
-Organising hire of equipment
-Maintenance during year
-Week of fit-out